The EDX30 is a voltage monitor. By means of an in-built microcontroller, the on-board voltage is permanently monitored. As soon as the battery charge condition becomes critical, this information is forwarded to the controlgear or to the driver and the load is disconnected.
The load circuit of the EDX30 has been designed as a mechanical contact system for a maximum continuous current of 10 A.
- Downtimes caused by weak batteries that are no longer able to start the vehicle are reduced.
- The EDX30 saves costs and time due to reliable readiness of the vehicles.
The EDX30 voltage monitor is available for DC 12 V and DC 24 V applications and is suitable for standard automotive relay sockets to ISO 7588 (ISO Mini).
For loads with a max. continuous current up to 30 A, which are intended to be switched frequently automatically, we recommend to use the solid state relay EXR10. Desired switching thresholds can be adjusted individually to match your application. For currents up to 300 A we recommend to use power relay HPR10 which can also be configured to customer’s specification. For implementation of customer-specific requirements, please use our online configurator on www.e-t-a.com.
- Agricultural and forestry machinery
- Bus: Transit and School
- Construction machinery
- Heavy truck
Scopes of applications
- Surveillance of on-board electrical system to ensure sufficient battery voltage is available for starting the vehicle.
- Prevention of connected convenience loads such as cool boxes, fans, coffee machines, laptops, smartphones etc. from discharging the battery.
- Visual (warning lamp) or acoustic (warning signal) warning to indicate low charge. Loads can be shed or switched on again directly (load shedding).